Determine in vitro susceptibility to antimicrobial agents for anaerobic bacterial organisms.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing organism in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant in anaerobic transport pouch or on a swab in anaerobic transport media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Aerobic conditions. Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture, as indicated in the specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
The following agents are available for testing: ampicillin/sulbactam, amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, cefoxitin, clindamycin, doxycycline, ertapenem, imipenem, meropenem, metronidazole, moxifloxicin, penicillin G, piperacillin/tazobactam, tigecycline, and vancomycin. Selective reporting by organism and source. Antibiotics other than those listed are available as an individual MIC by request only.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- anaerobe sensitivity
- Anaerobe Susceptibility
- antibiotic sensitivity
- Antibiotic Susceptibility
- Bacterial Susceptibility Testing
- MIC Test, Anaerobic Bacteria
- Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC)
- Susceptibility Testing