Determine in vitro susceptibility to antimicrobial agents for Nocardia spp. and other aerobic actinomycetes.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing Nocardia isolate in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with isolate in pure culture on agar slant. Place each specimen in individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture, as indicated in the specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Antimicrobial Susceptibility, Nocardia species
- Nocardia Susceptibility Panel