Detect and quantify HHV6 subtypes A and B in immunocompromised patients.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), serum separator tube, or CSF.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells. Transfer 1 mL serum, plasma or CSF to a sterile container. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: 3 months
A negative result (less than 3.0 log copies/mL or less than 1,000 copies/mL) does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or HHV6 DNA in concentrations below the level of detection of the test. Inhibition may also lead to underestimation of viral quantitation.
No international standard is currently available for calibration of this test. Caution should be taken when interpreting results generated by different methodologies.
This assay detects and quantifies HHV6 subtypes A and B.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060072||HHV6 by PCR Source||31208-2|
|0060073||HHV6 by PCR Type||29495-9|
|0060075||HHV6 Quant by PCR (copy/mL)||29495-9|
|0060077||HHV6 Quant by PCR (log copy/mL)||29495-9|
|0060787||HHV6 by PCR Interp||51730-0|
- HHV-6 quantitative
- HHV6 Quant PCR
- Human herpesvirus 6
- Viral load monitoring