Determine inducible resistance of staphylococci, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and beta-hemolytic streptococci to clindamycin.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing Staphylococcus species, Streptococcus pneumoniae or beta-hemolytic Streptococcus species in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant or in bacterial transport media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
D-Test Negative: This isolate does not demonstrate inducible clindamycin resistance in vitro.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Antibiotic Susceptibility D Test
- Macrolide susceptibility, Lincosamide susceptibility, streptograminin susceptibility resistance