- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Freeze fresh tissue immediately. Transport 100 mg or 0.5 cm3 tissue.
OR Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 4 tissue scrolls (tissue shavings), 10 microns thick. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Tissue block will be returned after testing.
Transport tissue (frozen or paraffin block) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Fresh tissue: Frozen at -70°C.
OR FFPE: Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Slides. Decalcified tissue. Paraffin section slides.
- Fresh tissue: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at -70°C: 1 year
FFPE: Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0055691||BIRC2-MALT1(API2-MALT1) t(11;18) RT-PCR|
- MALT lymphoma subtyping
- MALT tumor marker