Initial screening for suspected deficiency in the lectin complement pathway.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube, plain red, or green (lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens collected in EDTA or citrate. Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051695||Mannose Binding Lectin||30152-3|
- Mannan Binding Lectin
- Mannose-Binding Lectin, S