- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
20 Units or greater: Positive - Presence of IgA and/or IgG antibodies against human tissue transglutaminase and/or gliadin peptide; suggests possibility of certain gluten sensitive enteropathies such as celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051691||Celiac Disease Dual Antigen Screen|
- Celiac Sprue
- Combined tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) and deamidated (DGP) IgG and IgA
- combined tTG and DGP IgG and IGA