Acceptable single screening test for celiac disease. IgA testing recommended to identify IgA deficiency. Use IgA test in individuals who are IgA competent. May be useful in diagnosing children <2 years who test negative for tTG and EMA antibodies. May aid in monitoring adherence to gluten-free diet. Celiac Disease Reflexive Cascade (2008114) or Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) Antibody, IgA (0097709) is the preferred test for screening patients with suspected celiac disease.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transport 0.5 mL serum. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, grossly icteric, or grossly lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
20-30 Units: Weak Positive
31 Units or greater: Positive
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051357||Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) Ab, IgA||63453-5|
- Celiac Disease Antibodies
- Coeliac Disease Antibodies
- Deamidated Gliadin Antibodies (DGP)
- Deaminated Gliadin Peptide Antibodies
- DGP Ab
- DGP IgA