Preferred second-line testing for strong suspicion of seronegative antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). Order incrementally or concurrently with other non-criteria antiphospholipid antibody tests.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or lt. blue (sodium citrate).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
If results are positive, repeat testing with two or more specimens drawn at least 12 weeks apart to demonstrate persistence of antibodies.
Results should not be used alone for diagnosis and must be interpreted in light of APS-specific clinical manifestations and/or other criteria phospholipid antibody tests.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051302||Prothrombin Antibody, IgG||40595-1|
- Prothrombin IgG