Use in conjunction with positive serologic testing for the workup of suspected acute Lyme neuroborreliosis. Do not order in the absence of clinical symptoms.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than CSF. Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- Indicate source on test requisition.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen 1 year
0.91 - 1.09 LI: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.10 LI or greater: Positive - C6 peptide antibody to B. burgdorferi detected.
The detection of antibodies of Borrelia burgdorferi in CSF may indicate central nervous system infection. However, consideration must be given to possible contamination by blood or transfer of serum antibodies across the blood-brain barrier.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051046||C6 Peptide CSF||38174-9|
- Borrelia afzeli
- Borrelia garinii
- Lyme Disease
- Lyme Disease C6 Peptide Ab CSF ELISA