Acceptable single screening test for celiac disease. IgA testing recommended to identify IgA deficiency. Use IgA test in individuals who are IgA competent. May aid in monitoring adherence to gluten-free diet. Celiac Disease Reflexive Cascade (2008114) or Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) Antibody, IgA (0097709) is the preferred test for screening patients with suspected celiac disease.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Severely lipemic, contaminated, or hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050736||Endomysial Antibody, IgA Titer||27038-9|
- Anti-Endomysial Antibodies
- EMA IgA
- Gluten-Sensitive Enteropathy Tests