Preferred ANA screening test for connective tissue disease.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
ARUP uses anti-human IgG-specific conjugate since many (20-77 percent) healthy individuals have low levels (1:40 to 1:80) of ANA IgM. Conversion of ANAs from IgM to IgG generally precedes the onset of autoimmune disease states. If clinical presentation is inconsistent with the ANA IFA result, consult ARUP for alternative testing.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050639||Anti-Nuclear Antibody (ANA), IgG by IFA||56634-9|
- Antinuclear Antibodies
- Antinuclear Antibody
- Fluorescent Antinuclear Antibodies