Detect circulating immune complexes. Consider ordering Immune Complex Panel (0050667), which contains both Raji cell immune complex and C1q binding assays.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow complete clotting of red blood cells (up to 1 hour), then separate serum from cells within 30 minutes and freeze immediately. Transport 1 mL serum. (Min: 0.5 mL) If ordered in conjunction with a C1q Binding Assay, transfer TWO (2) 1 mL aliquots of serum to individual ARUP Standard Transport Tubes.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Non-frozen specimens. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 30 days
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050302||Raji Cell Immune Complex Assay||10864-7|
- Immune Complex Assay