- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 4 unstained (Min: 2 slides) Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report. Tissue block will be returned after testing.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test is performed pursuant to an agreement with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0049199||Client Case or Ref #|
|0049391||ERBB2 Amplification Results|
- Herceptin therapy response