- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin is preferred) and paraffin embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and / or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3-5 micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min. 3 slides).If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining; specimens fixed in B-5 or Bouin's fixative.
- This test code includes pathologist interpretation. Include surgical pathology report. IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
Positive: Greater than or equal to 10% of nuclei stain
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0049252||p53 Percent of Tumor Cells Staining|
|2004523||p53 Reference Number|
- p53 Tumor Suppressor Protein
- Protein 53
- Tumor Protein 53