- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue no later than 1 hour after removal from patient. Fixative duration: 6-72 hours. If sending precut slides, do not oven bake. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3-5 micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787.(Min: 4 slides).If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining. Specimens with fixation delayed for more than one hour. Specimens fixed in any fixative other than 10 percent neutral buffered formalin. Biopsies fixed for less than 6 hours and greater than 72 hours. Cytology specimens fixed in alcohol.
- Document time from tissue acquisition to fixation and fixation duration on submitting requisition or enter at time of order. Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0049200||Estrogen Receptor IP||40556-3|
|0049201||% of Nuclei Staining (ER)||14228-1|
|0049205||Progesterone Receptor IP||10480-2|
|0049206||% of Nuclei Staining (PR)||14230-7|
|0049217||Estrog/Progest Receptor Interpretation||19146-0|
|2003377||Estrogen Receptor Intensity|
|2003378||Progesterone Receptor Intensity|
|2011429||EstrogRecp IHC Internal Control Staining|
|2011430||ProgstRecp IHC Internal Control Staining|
- ER and PR IHC
- ER, PGR IHC
- ER, PGR staining
- ERA & PRA
- Steroid Receptor Assay