Reflexed to ERBB2 FISH (2008603) as requested, FISH assay will be performed and reported within 4-12 days, if no repeats are required.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue within 30 minutes of removal from patient. Fixative duration: 8-48 hours. Transport tissue block or 10 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787. (Min: 6 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining. Specimens with fixation delayed for more than 30 minutes. Specimens fixed in any other fixative other than 10 percent neutral buffered formalin. Tissue fixed for less than 8 hours or greater than 48 hours. Cytology specimens fixed in alcohol.
- Pathology report including tissue source and tumor origin must be submitted. Document time from tissue acquisition to fixation and fixation duration on requisition or enter at time of order. IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinite; Refrigerated: Indefinite ; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0049184||Intensity of Staining|
|0049188||Percent of Cells/Circumferential|
|0049530||ERBB2(HercepTest)Rflx to FISH if 2+/3+|
|2009596||Homogeneous dark circumferential pattern|
|2009597||Uniformity of staining|
- HER2 IHC
- Herceptin (ERBB2 (HercepTest®) with Reflex to ERBB2 (HER-2/neu) Gene Amplification by FISH if 2+ or 3+)