- Patient Preparation
- CSF. Also acceptable: CSF collected in plain red or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Any other body fluids.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
The combination of the specific monoclonal antibodies used in the Roche Beta HCG electrochemiluminescent immunoassay recognize the holo-hormone, "nicked" forms of hCG, the beta-core fragment, and the free beta-subunit. Results obtained with different test methods or kits cannot be used interchangeably. Although this assay is FDA cleared for use in the detection of pregnancy, it is not labeled for use as a tumor marker or with CSF specimens. The performance characteristics of this assay were determined by ARUP.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020730||Beta-hCG, CSF Quant (Tumor Marker)||14041-8|
- Beta-HCG CSF concentration
- Beta-HCG CSF levels
- Beta-HCG, CSF
- human chorioinic gonadotropin, CSF