Order only if patient is positive (repeatedly reactive) for combined HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody screen.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lt. blue (sodium citrate), green (sodium or lithium heparin) or lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Remove particulate material.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0020284||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot||Negative|
|HIV-2 Antibody by ELISA||Negative|
|HIV-2 Antibody, Supplemental||Negative|
If HIV-1 Antibody, Confirmation by Western Blot is Indeterminate, Negative or has Non-specific Staining, then HIV-2 Antibody by ELISA with Reflex to HIV-2 Supplemental will be added. Additional charges apply.
Refer to Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 Antibody, Confirmation (0020284) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 (HIV-2) Antibody by ELISA with Reflex to HIV-2 Supplemental (0051250) for additional information regarding Performed or Reported times.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020284||HIV-1 Antibody Confirm, Western Blot||5221-7|
- HIV 1 western blot, reflex to HIV 2 ELISA
- HIV-1 Antibody Confirm, Western Blot
- HIV1 reflex to HIV2